Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 16 and seeing the end of the tunnel

I have completed week 2 of my detoxification program and headed towards the home stretch. During this almost 2 and a half week stretch, I have discovered what my weaknesses are when it comes to food and drink. I was sure that coffee would be number one on the list and although I have missed that early morning taste, I would have to say that sugar has been the toughest one to kick.

I would assume that I am in the same boat with a lot of people on this one because sugars are in so much of our food and drinks today. When I say sugars, I not only refer to that late night sweet tooth but breads, crackers and the many other foods we consume with hidden sugars.

Overall, I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt this good. My physical energy is over the top and my mental clarity and calmness have been surprising side benefits.

Weight loss? Like I mentioned in a previous blog, I am not doing this to lose weight and have not checked my weight since I began the program. I have been consistently working out (mainly strength training) to avoid losing any weight.

I do have one obstacle to deal with in the next 5 days: Thanksgiving. Yes, the day where we stuff ourselves into oblivion on foods we normally never eat. I will be at a big family function with tons of food and it will certainly be a major test for me. But I do feel confident that I can abstain from any bad behavior and reach my 21 day goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment