Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 4--Man, was I proved wrong!!

Okay, I have to admit that I underestimated this cleanse. My initial thoughts were that I am completely healthy, I eat healthy, I regularly exercise...basically everything that I should be doing. I am eating a lot of the same food that I had been before and mainly only cutting out coffee and animal protein.

I have been very surprised by my symptoms the past 4 days. The intermittent headache, the full body ache and the exhaustion has made this week very difficult, to say the least. Having to be on my feet all day does not help matters.

It would be really easy right now to pack it in and head to Cattleman's for a nice juicy steak but I will postpone it another 17 days and get through this thing.

Why would I subject myself to more abuse? Because I know that these symptoms that I am experiencing are a good thing. If I didn't experience any symptoms, than I might start to worry that this program was ineffective.

My body is purging out toxins that have been residing in me for many years and I am paying the price right now.
They say that after the first week you should get back your energy, the headaches should dissipate and you won't feel like your in your first trimester of pregnancy anymore.

Should this dissuade you from doing a cleanse? On the surface, you may ask yourself "Why would I put myself through something like that?" but this should not prevent you from doing a program especially if your body has inflammation or chronic pain. I guess the old adage of "no pain, no gain" is the key here.

Again, I will post in the next few days and can assure you that most of my symptoms will have subsided by then. For now, off to my kale and radish smoothie and then it's straight to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment